Christmas Gift Ideas For Him: Get A Little Help For Your Friends



Following on from my Gift Ideas for Her Christmas post, I’ve been figuring out what present to get my friend. I thought about going for some kind of voucher but my mother tells me that isn’t a very thoughtful gift – something I guess I won’t be getting her this year then! My friend loves music like me but short of getting him gig tickets, which will break my bank account, I’m not sure what to get as he has all the usual merchandise you’d expect.

 Source: Martin Fisch via Flickr

I spent some time trawling the depths of the internet to get some ideas quickly so that I could capitalise on the Black Friday and Cyber Monday discounts. Thankfully, there are some useful resources on the internet and I came across a number of guides and quizzes. The coolest was this one which suggests some great products from the gadget online store RED5.

The quiz is short and sweet and asks a variety of personality-based questions about your friend to find out which gift they’d recommended for them. The quiz appears to work on a kind of scoring system, where your question answer is matched to a particular product result. I’m not sure how many product recommendation results there are but I took it a few times (as myself and as a couple of other friends) and I got a different, accurate answers for each.

My favourite question was the GIF one. Not to spoil it but it involves hilarious dancing. Who knew nuns could dance?! They do of course ask about your friend’s music taste and it endeavours to figure out if your friend loves retro or modern music. Mine likes a bit of both but I went with retro as he has often displayed abhorrence for some of the music in today’s charts…


Source: Gimme More page, from Wikipedia

The answer I got at the end was incredibly accurate and suggested something I’d never have thought of: water dancing speakers.  The music causes jets of water (illuminated by built-in LEDs) to jump around. I can see this looking cool when he next throws a party (maybe NYE) and the bonus is that they can be powered by a USB socket or mains supply. The speakers are 3 watt, so powerful enough, but not too energy-consuming. You don’t need to add the water yourself so there’s nothing fiddly; just plug them in and go. You won’t need to buy any power cables because they all come with it: USB cable, power cable, and an audio cable. I’ve picked a pair of these up for my friend and I’m confident he’ll like them!


Source: RED5


I recommend taking the quiz if you need to get a Christmas gift for someone who is in to their music. Content like this takes the time out all the research and essentially it’s a free personal shopper. Who doesn’t want a personal shopped at Christmas? So that’s one present down, only what feels like a hundred to go! Maybe next year I’ll just give everyone vouchers…even my mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Moments with Hot Air Balloon Rides

How To Throw the Ultimate Uni House Party

Staycation: Embracing the Sun in the UK