Getting Over The Festival Blues…

I've done a few festivals over the years and it’s always been a crash back to reality on the Tuesday. This year was no different and I can’t seem to shake the post-festival blues; it has been a whole month since I was partying on the Isle of Wight to classics like She’s So High – Blur and The Chain by the absolute legends Fleetwood Mac!



My Highlights

I thought a quick write-up of my time at The Isle of Wight Festival might help get it out my system. I managed to get a ticket last minute when a mate broke up with his girlfriend so it was all pretty manic and lastminute.com for me. I didn't realise how much actually goes on at Isle of Wight Festival. There were so many awesome other activities, as well as watching the music, that there was never a dull moment. 

We got there on the Thursday when it opened and got a pretty decent pitch near these mental Irish blokes. The main stage wasn't open on the first day but some of the other stages were. We checked-out Noasis, a pretty damn good Oasis tribute band, and then hung out at the Strongbow Tree:

Source: http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/img/areas/slide-2.jpg 
Friday was chilled in the day and then it was all about the main stage for The Black Keys and Prodigy. It was wet wet wet in the evening – right when all the decent music started, obviously! But that didn’t stop us from raving hard, it helped to keep us warm!

The weather cleared on Saturday so we wandered-round the festival site and discovered the Bulmers “Colourena”. It was this arena with some slightly mental people from Bulmers getting people to do crazy challenges against each other that generally involved getting pretty messy and covered in colourful powder/paint/jelly. But Saturday was all about Blur. They were awesome. The new stuff wasn’t too bad but it was all about the classics, the whole crowd were really with them.

On Sunday we gave the carnival rides a go and watched people try to stay on these weird bull things. Instead of those ones that try to buck you off these ones moved to music, shaking and moving forwards-backwards-left-right really quickly. It was bloody hilarious! But we headed to the Main Stage pretty early to make sure we had a decent spot for Fleetwood Mac. So we saw The Courteeners, First Aid Kit and Paolo Nutini and then waited about an hour before the legends came out on stage. We nearly went mental when a load of official photographers showed up and sat on the railing just in front of us. We had been hanging around all afternoon for the view and they were right in the way! Luckily they just did a few shots and left after about the second track. 


All-in-all it was a brilliant weekend and I am so chuffed that I got to go. All the people were really nice too. Everyone was really chilled out. This girl even let me use her phone charger power pack so I could get some extra juice for taking photos of Fleetwood Mac on the Sunday. 

Here are some more of my photos. I had to use my camera phone because they don’t allow “professional cameras”, basically any decent camera with a removable lens so I had to leave my Nikon at home. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Moments with Hot Air Balloon Rides

How To Throw the Ultimate Uni House Party

Staycation: Embracing the Sun in the UK